Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Welcome!

Welcome to my new blog!

My name is Ashley Pittman and I am a Business Education graduate student at the University of West Georgia. Please visit my website for information about me and to see my digital portfolio.

I have created this weblog for my ABED 6107 Instructional Strategies of Technology, a class taught by Dr. Sunil Hazari. I created this blog, not only for the assignment, but because I believe that business research is an important topic . Research has become an important tool in the business world today. It is increasingly being used for decision-making and to formulate new business strategies. Marketing departments all over the business world use research to determine the needs and desires of the consumer public. As consumers, it is important to understand why businesses use research and the methods that are used to obtain information.

Business research is defined "as the systematic and objective  process of generating information for aid in business decisions." (William G. Zikmund's Business Research Methods)

Included in this site will be:
  1. Information on basic terms and concepts of the business research process
  2. Sample business problems that require research
  3. Sample surveys
  4. Links to on-line data services
  5. Links to other business research blogs such as Business Blog
  6. Research designs
  7. Sampling procedures
  8. Measurement issues
  9. Data collection instruments
  10. And Much, Much More...
I hope that this blog will provide a lot of information for you in your journey to discover the wonderful world of business research!

4 comments:

  1. Ashley, Thanks for creating this blog. Business Research can be very complex for companies starting out, so it is a good idea to be familiar with tools and techniques that can help us grow a business. Look forward to reading your thoughts on Business Research topics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ashley, funny we choose the same background.
    I think using the term Business Research is better than Marketing Research. Marketing seems so narrow focus - mainly on establishing a price, and selling. There is so much more that has to be done by a business to get the right product/service. Its a good thing we have advanced technology today to be able to collect and analyze the data for business research.
    I like the video, thought it was a good introduction to the subject. One thing it made me think about was time - another factor businesses need to consider when researching. When is the right time to release a new or improved product/service.
    Great start on a blog. I enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was having issues to post a comment too.

    Great blog Ashley! I like how you added the Google search bar at the top of your blog.

    ReplyDelete